MBChB MRCGP DRCOG
Kerry completed her General Practitioner Training in 1999. Over the past 15 years she has specialised in the healthcare of vulnerable adults and children. This has included roles in child protection, homeless peoples’ healthcare, addiction services and accommodated children.
Since 2006, Kerry has played a lead role in NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde’s Child Protection Service. This role includes strategic liaison with social services and Police Scotland. She also works in general practice with Glasgow’s Homeless Health Service.
Kerry has been active in teaching University of Glasgow medical students since 2000. She teaches communication skills and is a Vocations Skills tutor.
NHS Glasgow Child Protection Forum
NHS Glasgow Child Protection Operational Groups
NHS Glasgow GIFREC implementation group
Glasgow, Inverclyde and East Dunbartonshire Child Protection Committees
Scottish Sudden Unexplained Death in Infancy steering group
Scottish Government Child Sexual Exploitation working group
RCPCH Child Protection Committee
UK Primary Care child safeguarding forum
Kerry has contributed to the following projects for NHS Glasgow and NHS Scotland:
- Core Clinical Standards in Child Protection
- Reporting Proforma for GPs for Child Protection Case Conferences
- Provision of Complex Case Management to Primary Care
- Child DNA policy
- Read Codes for Vulnerability in Primary Care
- GP De-registration Protocol–Joint working protocol between CPU, Practitioner Services and CH(C)Ps
- Sharing Information Agreement between LMC, CPS and NHSGGC
- NHS GGC interagency female genital mutilation pathway
- NHS GGC child sexual exploitation guidance
- Royal College of General Practitioners safeguarding toolkit: FGM, child sexual exploitation and domestic abuse